Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G One Way Audio With Call Pickup

noctradeit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need some help with the following problem Call Pickup or Directed Call Pickup gives One Way Audio on a SPA525G. It doesn't mater if you use *98 or *97 followed by the extension of the phone to pickup the call from another phone that is ringing. The Employee that does the Pickup can hear the other site but the caller gets no audio.

There is a workaround for this when they pickup the call and place it on hold and then resume there is two way audio again. It doesn't mater wich firmware i use 7.1.5.a or 7.3.5 , and i allready replaced the phones to solve this issue.

If someone has any ideas or had a similar problem please tell.

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij             

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You should generate a log file of both instances so you can see what's different.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

It sounds like this could be a NAT issue causing the one way audio.

Hi Nseto,

We have enabled the syslog in debug mode. The Syslog server shows the following output:

*** Output Removed *****

It is impossible that it is a NAT issue because we have NAT disabled on our router that is connected to the ISP. It is a BGP sesssion between us and the ISP.

Regards,

Richard

The INVITE shows connection info as 172.20.4.37 with audio port 16438 while the OK shows connection info as 172.31.161.250 and port 65228. 

Can you verify that a wireshark trace shows the audio rtp packets trying to reach those ip addresses and port numbers?

Hi Nseto,

I want to inform you that i have found the problem that was causing the one way audio with call pickup. Not all the phones had this issue at our site so i compared the settings of the phones.

Because the SPA525G Phones has no Auto Provisioning profile we have to configure them trough the web interface.

Under Ext 1 > Audio Configuration > Second Preferred Codec: G711a and Third Preferred Codec: G729a is the Correct Setting.

Some off the phones that had an issue where configured with :

Under Ext 1 > Audio Configuration > Second Preferred Codec: G729a and Third Preferred Codec: G711a that was caussing the One Way Audio issue.

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij