Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 CUE Question and VM failure

m.daleman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are having a cisco UC520 with UC software pack 8.6.1, just bought from a company with is bankrupt

UC520-32U-8FXO-k9
uc500-advipservicepackk9-mz.151-4.m5
CUE
GUI 4.2.0.0
ios 15.1(4) M5

The system is running with GUI 4.2 is this correct? And when updating the VM system it's stopping at 20 minutes with the error VM up grade failed, is this a known error ? Or how do we upgrade to CUE 8 ? or do I misread the information, or is somebody the right link to make the system factory default with the right software levels, we have UC software pack 8.6.1 availibly

Thanks for the help !

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I would recommend engaging a Cisco Partner/Consultant or getting a contract on the box and working with TAC.

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade CUE with CCA and it is failing... it will probably have to be attempted in CLI.

I am not sure if that is the current web gui version, but just about no one uses the web gui anyway.

CCA (officially Cisco supported) or CLI (Experts) are the preferred configuration tools.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I would recommend engaging a Cisco Partner/Consultant or getting a contract on the box and working with TAC.

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade CUE with CCA and it is failing... it will probably have to be attempted in CLI.

I am not sure if that is the current web gui version, but just about no one uses the web gui anyway.

CCA (officially Cisco supported) or CLI (Experts) are the preferred configuration tools.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Go to sbkb.cisco.com and look for software upgrade CLI.  There is a nice document on how to do an upgrade via CLI.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **