cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Error Message "network error detecting"

dwilson1031
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer has UC540 that has been in for several months.  All phones are 504s and the switch is a ESW 520 24 port PoE unit.  They have reported that the phones are displaying the following error message: network error detecting.  Then the message will change to connecting.

After 4 or 5 minutes everything is ok.  They aree getting this error message multiple times.  Has anyone run into this problem and found a fix?

18 Replies 18

We received the replacement hardware on Monday and went to the customer's site.  I managed to get a backup done of the old UC560 just before it crashed and would not come back online.  Connecting to it via the console showed it was in a loop and was experiencing cpu exceptions.  So we did a restore of the backup on the replacement hardware and got the customer back in service.  We are monitoring the new box and so far we haven't seen any repeat of the problem the old UC560 was experiencing.

We are all hoping that the problem has now been fixed.

Good to hear it may be HW and the RMA fixes it.

Also happy to hear a restore worked and I would like to ask how you handled licenses?

Did you activate 2 month temp and then have SBSC transfer the ones from box to box?

Steve

Before going on site, I called into the SBCS support line with the associated ticket number and asked to get a new license file generated. I received that file and uploaded it the new UC560 via CCA before going to the customer site to activate the permanent licenses.

Ian Fradsham, P. Eng, CCVP

desk: 709 739 9574

Thanks for the feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: