Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec on 2951

SSG.Mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I'm looking for a little help with setting up IPsec for a DMVPN between a 2811 and 2951s in a test lab.  I have enabled IPsec on the hub (2811) but I am unable to do so on either of the 2951s.  After researching, it seems that I may have the incorrect IOS for this, but I am at a loss which IOS I should be using. Currently the 2951s are on "c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-2.T2.bin" and the only crypto options are

(config)#crypto ?

ca   Certification authority

key  Long term key operations

pki  Public Key components

while on the 2811 I get:

WIN-T(config)#crypto ?

ca            Certification authority

call          Configure Crypto Call Admission Control

ctcp          Configure cTCP encapsulation

dynamic-map   Specify a dynamic crypto map template

engine        Enter a crypto engine configurable menu

gdoi          Configure GDOI policy

identity      Enter a crypto identity list

ipsec         Configure IPSEC policy

isakmp        Configure ISAKMP policy

key           Long term key operations

keyring       Key ring commands

logging       logging messages

map           Enter a crypto map

mib           Configure Crypto-related MIB Parameters

pki           Public Key components

provisioning  Secure Device Provisioning

wui           Crypto HTTP configuration interfaces

xauth         X-Auth parameters

These are all hand me downs, so I'm not sure what features the all have.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

SSG M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to Cisco Licensing.   The ISRG2 have a universal IOS image and features are unlocked via a licensing model.   There are no more pre-compiled images for the ISRG2s (Advipservices, ipbase,ect...).

There is an evaluation license that can be turned on and is good for 60 days to get services up and running.

execute:

C1921(config)#license boot module c1900 technology-package securityk9

The syntax for a 2951 will be slightly different.   After executing this command reboot the router and you will have access to all the security features.   During the 60 day evaluation license you should purchase a permanent security license and install it on the router.

- Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to Cisco Licensing.   The ISRG2 have a universal IOS image and features are unlocked via a licensing model.   There are no more pre-compiled images for the ISRG2s (Advipservices, ipbase,ect...).

There is an evaluation license that can be turned on and is good for 60 days to get services up and running.

execute:

C1921(config)#license boot module c1900 technology-package securityk9

The syntax for a 2951 will be slightly different.   After executing this command reboot the router and you will have access to all the security features.   During the 60 day evaluation license you should purchase a permanent security license and install it on the router.

- Dan

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, this project was put on hold for quite some time.  I'm very grateful for the info about licensing.  Looks like I have to get some more money for this.  Again, thanks!

Regards
SSG M