cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 VPN tunnel created, will not pass data

john.bailes
Level 1
Level 1

I have several sites using broadband to process credit cards to paymentech. Of the several sites I have all different methods; cable, DSL, Frame. I have 4 stores that process via Time Warner cable. Today out of the blue 3 of the store cannot pass data in the tunnel. I have great internet connection and speed. I spent seveal hours on the phone with the Paymentech network ops and Time Warner. Nothing changed on any of the stores, all the configurations are the same except for the IP's.

If anyone has any idea were to start looking or what to tell the cable company, thanks.

2 Replies 2

ehirsel
Level 6
Level 6

What is your VPN topology? Hub-and-spoke? Or some other method? Are you running dynamic routing protocols over the VPN, to advertise the back-end networks?

I would run these commands on the routers that cannot connect via IPSec VPN:

1. show crypto isa sa

2. show crypto ipsec sa

Do the same on the gateway, if you use a hub-and-spoke topology?

Some additional questions:

Were new sites (spokes) added recently?

Was there any other major network change?

If you want to, post the configs of the 3 routers in question here, scrubbing any sensitive data. I, or someone else, will look at them and let you know what we find.

Sorry for not reposting, the issues just resolved itself. The router admin and myself are still looking over things. Thanks for the follow up.