cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3000 vpn seris connection issue

stephen.rollins
Level 1
Level 1

We have one client that can initially reach all resourses then within 5 minutes the client machine drops can't even ping the ip given to the client

Any suggestions on this?

4 Replies 4

ehirsel
Level 6
Level 6

What level of code are you running on the vpn 3000 and what client code version and type (i.e. vpn client for windows 3.6) is in use?

I think that the issue may be related to DPD - Dead Peer Detection.

Let me know what you find.

Hi Ehirsel,

I have a similar problem. However, my users get disconnected every 30mins., or 45mins. or even as constantly as 5mins. My concentrators are running 4.1.7.F and the clients are 3.6.4 and 4.6.02.0011. Any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Carlos T.

Hello Carlos,

I am having a very similar issue as yourself. We have been able to isolate it to the PPPOE protocal offered by most ISP's. Our clients that connect via Satic IP's (henceforth No PPPOE from ISP) do not have the connectivity issues. Please see my posting and add your input. Hopefully we can both find the answer.

Brent

6callert
Level 1
Level 1

In our environment where we run 3060's behind some Checkpoint F/W' we saw this even back at 4.04 Concentrator code. After much pain and a TAC case we observed was our Dial clients had more problems with IPSEC/UDP vs IPSEC/TCP. Not sure if your able to support IPSEC/TCP in you situation but it may be worth a try.