Views
Helpful
Replies

Access switch already configured to manage it

elias.pereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

First I want to say I am new to the community and also congratulate everyone for the excellent work performed!

I have a sg300-28p and would like to access it to configure a management IP on a specific vlan. I've tried via the serial port, but it still fails.

The switch is configured as follows:

- 1 port in trunk for all VLANs;

- Rest of the ports on vlan referring to the department;

Have any special configuration for serial connection? Would have another way to connect via RJ45?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The little bit that I know about the Cisco 300 series switches seems that normal access for configuration is via the web based GUI. So I would assume that connecting to one of its Ethernet interfaces and using your browser is the normal way to manage the switch.

It is not clear to me how much configuration has already been done and especially whether you have already assigned an address (though the question implies that you have not yet configured an address in which case the switch would be using its default address). I found some helpful information about how to determine the addressing status of the switch

When the device is using the factory default IP address of 192.168.1.254, its power LED flashes continuously. When the device is using a DHCP assigned IP address or an administrator-configured static IP address, the power LED is on solid. 

at this link where you should find much helpful information.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: