cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access to LAN Thru VPN Client

dsax
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a vpn client to connect to a PIX. After I've established the VPN connection, I can reach most IP addresses via ping but there is one address that I can't reach. I can reach it when connected directly to the LAN and I can ping it from the PIX. What should I be looking for here.

3 Replies 3

adellino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

Check that the IP you are trying to ping has a route back to your vpn client. May be a default route to the PIX should be enough.

Hope ir helps,

greets from Italy,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Your recommendation was right on the money. I'm forgetting my basic routing. Thanks for the help!

Doug

I having a similar problem. We recently replaced a SQL server that was being accessed by our VPN users. All of our employees onsite in the LAN can ping, browse, explore the server with no problem. However, those who access the network via VPN client can see all of the servers except this new SQL server. Everything looks to be in order with the setup of this server. We are using a 2600 router, PIX firewall, and IDS (all CISCO). Any thoughts? Before this replacement server was installed, the VPN users had no problem accessing servers.

Brent