Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 3.1.5152 (Windows 7) VMWare

Lance Wendel
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I guess this issue is more of a TAC case. But I will take my chances :) ,maybe someone might have come across this.if so kindly share your knowledge please

AnyConnect : 3.1.5152

running on VMWare

if you open the client on a Windows 7 box this is fine, however the problem starts if you run this on a VM. when the client initiate the connection he is then been prompt to accept the Authorization, once this done   the connection times out with the following message.

"The IPSec VPN connection was terminated due to an authentication failure or time-out. Please contact your admin".

of course, client  has authenticated before Authorization.

there are no issues with username/password or certificates as the same clinet can authenticate via windows 7 box (laptop).

this issue is only seen on the VMWare.

anyone had this experience? btw, i have to add: VMWare on linux is fine

thanks in advance

Lance

2 Replies 2

Vishnu Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lance,

Could you please help us with answers to the following questions:

1. Did you try connecting from one vm or from multiple virtual machines?

2. If you tried from multiple machines then could you please confirm if you were getting same messages on every machine. If not tried till now then please give it a shot.

3. Could you please clean the anyconnect logs and make an attempt to connect and once it fails, run anyconnect dart tool that captures relevant file. You can upload the file here and I will review it and will tell you what exactly is causing problem. 

4. Also run a simultaneous capture on the ASA by running command: debug web anyconnect 255. Send me the output of this command as well.

I will be able to get to the root cause once I have this information.

Thanks,

Vishnu Sharma

Hi Vishnu,

thanks for the reply, unfortunately I cannot share customer information. I will escalate this to TAC. I will then post the outcome.

regards,

Lance