cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect & Windows 8.1

PaulKristian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.10.03104 to connect to my company's VPN. My company turned on Microsoft Azure MFA, so when I try to login with AnyConnect, it brings up a webpage in IE that should bring me to Microsoft's login screen. The problem is, I'm using Windows 8.1, and AnyConnect always pulls up Internet Explorer which just shows "This page can't be displayed". (screenshot attached below, pk.jpg) All protocols are enabled in Internet Properties > Advanced (SSL 2.0, 3.0; TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2). I tested our server to see what ciphers were available - the site only offers two ciphers ("TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384" and "TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256") neither of which are included in Windows 8.1 or its Internet Explorer.

Long story short: How can I force AnyConnect to use Firefox for MFA authentication (since Firefox supports those ciphers internally)? Firefox is already set as my default browser, but AnyConnect keeps on trying to use IE. Or, will Cisco fix this issue so Win 8.1 clients still work? As far as I can tell, AnyConnect 4.10 is still supposed to be fully compatible with Win 8/8.1.

0 Replies 0