Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect and Pre-Shared Keys

jergensj03
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am extremely new to AnyConnect and VPN, so I have a few questions for you guys. I am trying to configure an AnyConnect Client on Android to connect to my ASA 5505 via IPSEC. It's configured with (I believe) IKEv1 with pre-shared key and group identifier. I think IKEv2 is certificate based only, and I am not using certificates at this time. I can't seem to find any settings in the app to configure it this way... Can the AnyConnect client connect to this type of connection? If so, what may I be missing? I can configure the default VPN client built into Android and it works fine, but I am being told to use the AnyConnect client. If you need more info, let me know, I'm not sure what to put on here to give the info needed to help. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

jergensj03
Level 1
Level 1

Believe I found my answer:

Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Q. I see that the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client supports IPsec. Will Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client work with Cisco VPN 3000 Series concentrators?

A. No. Cisco VPN 3000 Series concentrators support IPsec/IKEv1. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Version 3.0 and greater supports IPsec/IKEv2 connectivity but not IPsec/IKEv1.

From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5699/ps10884/qa_c67-712937_ns1049_Networking_Solutions_Q_and_A.html

If there is a workaround or something, please let me know. If not, oh well!