cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect cannot connect in a particular configuration

yasha.zeinali
Level 1
Level 1

In the last two weeks, my VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) has been acting weird.

With the same credentials and the same software installation, it:

- does NOT connect using my laptop while I am using our home WFI/LAN connection.

- connects when using my laptop while I am using other than my home internet connectivity (eg, my mobile hotspot).

- connects when using another laptop and our home WIFI.

So the combination of my laptop and my home WIFI is not working. What should I do?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First -

1. what is the difference in the Laptop?  same OS ?

2. what is the failed logs showing and the reason?

3. home WFI/LAN  - is the same status for both connected wired connection and wifi (on not working laptop)

give us information, what version any connect, what is the remote VPN Server? ASA ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

1. There is no difference between the laptops. They have the same OS. Windows 10 enterprise.

2. There is no failed log. Actually, VPN shows connected, but I cannot ping some VPN-needed servers, such as our internal databases. When I connect to these VPN-needed servers, I get the same error as what I would get when I am not connected to VPN. I am also not able to connect to some servers that do not need VPN, like outlook cannot connect and show emails.

3. Yes. No matter I connect my not-working-laptop to home internet either via WiFi or LAN cable, both situation is causing the same type of VPN connection error.

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Version 4.5.05030

Hope the above help.

- does NOT connect using my laptop while I am using our home WFI/LAN connection.

This does not match your second reply.

So after your other reply, you were able to connect but not able to access any resources, what is the IP address you getting from VPN, 

If you have access to far end VPN Server or admin can logs capture while accessing the resource?

This required some troubleshooting since it's only i devise issue, not totally gone bad.

BB

yasha.zeinali
Level 1
Level 1

Problem SOLVED:

I needed to disable IPv6 on both my connections (Cicso and internet connection)

network and sharing center -> change adapter settings -> Cisco-> properties

Do the same for your internet connectivity, as well.

More info at: 

https://superuser.com/questions/118206/no-internet-connection-with-cisco-vpn

Glad it was resolved..appricaited your feedback to help community.

BB