cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect cert map on FTD?

AdamKoch58333
Level 1
Level 1

Just configured cert map for Anyconnect connection profile autoselection, with no luck.

Configuration:

Cert map matches subject email field with value "scep@company.com" -- if this condition is true, it should pick profile 2

Otherwise if no match is found, it should default to profile 1.

So, when configured, the option to select a profile still exists for the user when they click connect.  This seemed unexpected to me.

Next I saw there was a checkbox in FMC to disable connection profile selection, so I did this and deployed, and the option to select went away, however I now only get login failures.  Neither the cert map to profile 2, nor the default to profile 1 logic was ever referenced in my testing, so I rolled back.

Seems like this feature doesn't work?  Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?  Cert auth works just fine with my profiles, I'm just trying to force users into certain ones based on certificate attributes.

19 Replies 19

Tunnel-group-map CLI is only for IKEv1 and generic/native IKEv2 clients, meaning that it is not for AnyConnect SSL or AnyConnect IKEv2 VPN. I don't know if this is documented somewhere.

After some more research I think this post explains well enough what is happening.

I think I must configure "DefaultWebVPNGroup" the same as Company_RA_Policy_1 (AAA Only)

- this will satisfy TestPC1 requirements

Then cert map I must configure for an attribute that is not email address

- this should bypass a potential bug and map properly, which will satisfy TestPC2 requirements

I will work with my Cisco SE to get FTDv software so I can lab in GNS3.  This will solidify my understanding.

Thanks for your time!

So this issue is solved or not? 

Please confirm 

Thanks 

MHM

Can't confirm until I test in lab environment, which could take time to set up.  This is good enough for me, though.  You can call it solved.  

Good luck and update me.

Have a nice summer 

Thanks 

MHM