Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Client Software - ASDM

Mr_Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All 

im looking to move to 4.8 AnyConnect Client

Currently, we have anyconnect-win-4.5.03040-webdeploy-k9 down for the client image, but i have a few questions

1. if i add the image 4.8 will the firewall need a reboot
  2. once the latest version is in the image list can i delete -anyconnect-win-4.5.03040-webdeploy-k9 or should i keep this
  3. once its added and a users already connected to the vpn on a older version of 4.8 will they be disconnected
  4. will it force the user to download 4.8 before they are able to connect to the vpn

sorry for all the questions its just the 1st time doing the Anyconnect update

ASDM running 7.9(2)152

2 Replies 2

Hi,
Adding the new Anyconnect client to the ASA will not require a reboot of the ASA.
You can delete the old version if required.
You can upload the AnyConnect client without causing he currently logged on users to be disconnected.
Next time the users connects they will automatically upgrade their client to the newer version.

HTH

You can also allow the end user to defer the update to a later time if needed.  This is useful when users need to quickly connect to VPN and dont have the time to do the upgrade.

This is covered in the admin guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/deploy-anyconnect.html