cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect compatibility in Windows 10 20H2

licensing4
Level 1
Level 1

We are preparing to upgrade our client environment to Windows 10 build 20H2 and are attempting to confirm if any compatibility issues exist. We are currently running AnyConnect v4.9.04053.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There aren't any compatibility issues that I'm aware of. I use AnyConnect every day on a system with even newer releases (4.9.06037 and Windows 10 21H1) without issue. Prior to that I was on the releases you mention also without issue.

Also, the release notes don't mention any open caveats specific to those versions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/release/notes/release-notes-anyconnect-4-9.html#Cisco_Reference.dita_59807467-3d49-4a59-8dc0-01dce6cbed24

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There aren't any compatibility issues that I'm aware of. I use AnyConnect every day on a system with even newer releases (4.9.06037 and Windows 10 21H1) without issue. Prior to that I was on the releases you mention also without issue.

Also, the release notes don't mention any open caveats specific to those versions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/release/notes/release-notes-anyconnect-4-9.html#Cisco_Reference.dita_59807467-3d49-4a59-8dc0-01dce6cbed24

Chekol Retta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Marvin. 

Do you know if there is a compatibility issue with 21H1. Some of our users are experiencing VPN issue after the OS updates to 21H2. Mine working fine. We also have Cisco AMP. We have DAP configured to check the existence and status of AMP among other things. 

I'm not aware of any major compatibility issues. However endpoint configurations can vary so widely that your environment may indeed have an issue. I'd recommend collecting a DART (Diagnostics) file from a workstation when it has a problem and either taking a look at it yourself or opening a TAC case. If you could provide some more details about the VPN issue being experienced that might also give us a better idea of what to focus on.