cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Connection List Automatically Adds Internal Firewall Name

clmathis1112
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with AnyConnect running on our ASA5512. The client adds the firewall's internal name to the connection list and makes it the default connection. When a user opens AnyConnect, they have to wait for the attempt to contact site-asa5512 to time out before changing the Connect To selection.

I've tried editing the VPN-Users_client_profile and preferences_global XML files in C:\ProgramData to no effect. I do not see the firewall's name specified in any other file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When a user chooses a given server from the dropdown list, it updates a local preferences file stored (by default, on windows) at:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you modify the cleint profile on the end user machine you need to restart the AnyConnect software to have it parse the modified information.

Also, you may be overwriting the profile everytime you connect using the version stored on the ASA itself.

When I modify the XML files, AnyConnect is closed. When I start AnyConnect, it still has site-asa5512 as the default connection on the list and attempts to contact it. The AnyConnect profile on the ASA does not mention the internal name of the firewall. I'm at a loss. It's not a huge issue but it is a minor nuissance.

When a user chooses a given server from the dropdown list, it updates a local preferences file stored (by default, on windows) at:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml

That is exactly what I needed. Not sure how I missed that file. Thanks a ton for your help!

You're welcome. Glad it helped.