cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Connection Profiles Question

hurricane05
Level 1
Level 1

I want to setup a separate AnyConnect Connection Profile (using ASDM) so that I can test some settings out. Currently our main Connection Profile used by all employees has a Group Alias specified (the other default profiles have no aliases) and as I understand it will only be available from the drop down list to employees due to that group alias setup. What is the best way via ASDM to configure this so that I can test with a separate Connection Profile (I still need to use the same url that the users typically connect).

Thx in advance for any assistance given.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hurricane05 

Have a look at the link below, it has instructions on how to configure group-url. In short you can use the same domain name. For example - You existing connections would use vpn.company.com but your testing connection profile would use vpn.company.com/test

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98580-enable-group-dropdown.html

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @hurricane05 

Have a look at the link below, it has instructions on how to configure group-url. In short you can use the same domain name. For example - You existing connections would use vpn.company.com but your testing connection profile would use vpn.company.com/test

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98580-enable-group-dropdown.html

HTH

Hi Rob,
Thx for the quick response. I'm new to working with AnyConnect but wanted to make sure I understand what you are saying with the setup. Let's say I have in ASDM a Connection Profile called Corporate that has an alias configured called Employees (looking at the Aliases column). So for all our standard employees, when they run the AnyConnect client, they would connect to corporate.company.com and their group drop down will only have Employees listed they select from.

So if I understand correctly, I do not change anything within the current Connection Profile called Corporate. But instead, create a new Connection Profile called Test and do not specify an alias (leave blank). Then go in and modify the Connection Profile and under Group URLs, enter a custom url like corporate.company.com/test. Then open my AnyConnect client up and enter the new url corporate.company.com/test?

Thx in advance.

Yes, if you configure a group-url you can then correct directly to that connection profile. As long as you don't define an alias then that connection profile will not appear on the drop down list for the other users to connect to.

hurricane05
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get this configured but not able to authenticate with the test group url (even though everything is configured identical to the corporate settings with the exception of a different group policy with same settings) so I'm troubleshooting that piece of it to see what may be going on.