cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect disconnect reason codes

chrischurch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a single AnyConnect user who has reported random disconnects so I have gone through all the checks I can make and looking at the logs I see the reason for the disconnect appears to be 'Loss of the network interface used for the VPN connection.' which is Reason code 8 by the looks of it.

Firstly is there a list of codes and explanations of the reasons or does anyone know what would cause a Reason 8 - loss of the network interface used for VPN connection and what it means.

Is this a loss of connection via WiFi maybe or is this an application level issue? It would be handy to know so I can either say get your home WiFi sorted or do I maybe need to re-install or upgrade the client.

Does anyone have an idea what the cause is?

Client version - 4.4.00243

Anyconnect.txt logs at time of disconnect.

Date : 06/03/2020
Time : 08:50:30
Type : Information
Source : acvpnagent

Description : The network interface for the VPN connection has gone down.

Description : Function: CInterfaceRouteMonitorCommon::logInterfaces
File: Routing\InterfaceRouteMonitorCommon.cpp
Line: 477
IP Address Interface List:
FE80:0:0:0:****************
FE80:0:0:0:****************
1x.x.x.x

Type : Warning

Description : Session level reconnect reason code 8:
Loss of the network interface used for the VPN connection.
Originates from session level

Description : Function: CMainThread::netInterfaceNoticeCategoryHandler
File: MainThread.cpp
Line: 7989
Network Interface change detected, refreshing physical MAC addresses

5 Replies 5

@chrischurch please if possible would your  end client tried to uninstall the client and install it again. Seems like bug
behavior. Try to use different version of anyconnect client. If still same, generate DART report. here some more information for you.

his a loss of connection via WiFi maybe or is this an application level issue? It would be handy to know so I can either say get your home WiFi sorted or do I maybe need to re-install or upgrade the client.

either ask the client to consider software upgrade of the Nick card.

please do not forget to rate.

OK @Sheraz.Salim thanks we will try that out.

So to confirm that reason code 8 indicates a software issue and not a local connectivity issue is that right?

Also would anyone know if there anywhere online that lists these codes and reasons with explanations of the causes?

Thanks,

Chris.

I search but could not find much information on the code 8. however find a bug CSCtz44356 which lead it to issue with anyconnect client software. not much helpful unless otherwise if any TAC engineer pick/see this post and advise here.

please do not forget to rate.

Hello Support, did any find solution to this issue, its a brand new laptop, I provided to user Dell Latitude 5510 updated wifi drivers directly from dell website for same model laptop, i also uninstalled/reinstalled Cisco Any connect client to latest 4.9.04053 version, issue remains. Please, let me know the solution for it ASAP, so far one user experienced it. Don't believe its his Wifi because he other laptop worked fine with same Wifi connection. Please, assist ASAP.

hello support, any updates for above query.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: