cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...takes forever!

llapietra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

When I log into my VPN whenever working remotely I get logged on with no problem.  However, once I enter my credentials, I see the message "Anyconnect downloader is performing update checks...".  It used to run 1-2 seconds, but recently it has started taking about 5 minutes or longer (the logged history is as follows:

9:48:17 AM    User accepted banner.
     9:48:19 AM    Establishing VPN session...
     9:48:19 AM    The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
     9:52:51 AM    Checking for profile updates...
     9:52:51 AM    Checking for customization updates...
     9:52:51 AM    Performing any required updates...
     9:52:51 AM    The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been complet

Does anyone know what could be causing this?  Ironically, the issue started around the same time I downloaded Google Chrome (not sure if related; may be coincidental).

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Mark Massheder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Appreciate this is an old post but I'm having a similar issue where the AnyConnect client is version 4.4.03034 and it only occurs when targeting the ASA gateway from a private connection i.e. external LAN (via MPLS) on RFC1918 addressing hitting the ASA external IP address.  I can see a number of timeouts on a Wireshark trace but if I use the Legacy VPN client version 5.0.07.0440 connectivity is straight through to the same gateway.

The Cisco AnyConnect v4.4.03034 works over the Internet with a NAT rule with no issues whatsoever, but it gets stuck at the AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks for 6 minutes and then connects to the Gateway, but that is not an acceptable user experience when the Legacy client is instantaneous.

Any ideas or options to disable the Downloader?

Thanks

Mark