cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect files located in Flash

Todd Vohs
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CIsco ASA5505 with VPN access.  I had to upgrade the software on the ASA but there was not enough room in flash to hold the images so I tftp'd a bunch of files out of flash to a tftp server and then deleted them from flash.  Upgrade went just fine.  I can connect just fine from my iPad but when I try from a PC, I get the message that "The AnyConnect package on the secure gateway could not be located.  You may be experiencing network connectivity issues.  Please try connecting again."  Apparently, I took some files out of flash that I should not have deleted.  I have them all on the tftp server yet but just want to keep my flash a little cleaner without copying them all back and having to repeat the entire process when I go to update the software again.

What are the base files I need in flash to connect a Windows 7 computer to the ASA via AnyConnect version 3.1.04059?

Thanks, 

Todd Vohs
Owner
Holstein Ag Services, LLC

P.S. I do have a SmartNet contract on this device and can get the most current AnyConnect from cisco.com.

Thanks, Todd Vohs Owner Holstein Ag Services, LLC
6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Todd-

You need to upload the Anyconnect Package for Windows. For example anyconnect-win-3.1.04059-k9.pkg  If you have MAC and/or Linux users you'll need to upload those packages too.

Hope it helps.

Is there something wrong with the cisco.com download service/servers?  I tried downloading the file from home on my laptop and thought it was just my my laptop since it wouldn't download.  Took me to a page that said there was an issue and I should try again.  I went to the office and tried it there and got the same thing.  So, I put it in my download cart and tried it there and it has just been sitting there for 15 minutes.

Thanks,

Todd Vohs
Owner

They must be having problems, I can't download either.

Oh well, try later.

Thanks,

Todd Vohs
Owner

Just clicked the open TAC Case this morning after more failed attempts. Got a call almost immediately. Seems there are issues with Internet Explorer. Downloaded and used Firefox and was able to download the file and get it uploaded to the ASA and now the world is wonderful again. Had to add the statements in the config for webvpn to use the file but other than that it is all good now.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Todd

Glad that all is good now. Thank you for posting back to the forum to indicate that the problem was solved and what you did to solve it. It is especially interesting - and therefore helpful to others who read the forum - to know that the problem was specific to IE.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: