Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect for Windows XP and Vista

bkowalik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have in my office a few computers with Windows XP and Windows Vista Business. I know that they are very old and unsupported OSes, but... I have to connect using AnyConnect to government VPN.

I downloaded Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v 4.2.02075, but I can't connect from XP or Vista. There is any version of AnyConnect that I could use to connect?

This is very important for me.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there! AnyConnect 4.x does not have support for Windows XP and Windows Vista:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_0.html

You will need AnyConnect v3.x if you want to run it on XP and Vista. However, v3.x has been retired and it is no longer available for download. Thus, I would recommend reaching out to your local Cisco team and/or TAC and see if they can release/publish an older version for you to download. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there! AnyConnect 4.x does not have support for Windows XP and Windows Vista:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_0.html

You will need AnyConnect v3.x if you want to run it on XP and Vista. However, v3.x has been retired and it is no longer available for download. Thus, I would recommend reaching out to your local Cisco team and/or TAC and see if they can release/publish an older version for you to download. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I downloaded v.3.1.00495 and now I have "Could not connect to server. Please verify Internet connectivity and server address"

I can connect from my windows 10, but not from XP :-(

What version of ASA code are you running?