Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Installation error

gthevin
Level 1
Level 1

Disclaimer: bad english incoming

Hello,

I got some trouble installing the Cisco anyconnect client. I already configured my Anyconnect VPN on a Cisco router 2821. 

But when I want to install my client (version 4.3.05017) I got this error message : "The Cisco AnyConnect Network Access Manager requires version 4.3.05017 of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client."

I am installing this specific version! Why Cisco asking me the software I am installing? Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like you are installing the wrong Anyconnect module - Network Access Manager (NAM). For VPN, you only need to Anyconnect secure mobility client (Core VPN module). NAM requires the core VPN module to be installed before it is installed, hence the error.

How are you installing the Anyconnect client, using the ISO file or the MSI file?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like you are installing the wrong Anyconnect module - Network Access Manager (NAM). For VPN, you only need to Anyconnect secure mobility client (Core VPN module). NAM requires the core VPN module to be installed before it is installed, hence the error.

How are you installing the Anyconnect client, using the ISO file or the MSI file?

File name for MSI should be: anyconnect-win-4.3.05017-pre-deploy-k9.msi

Thank you for the answer!! And you were right, I was installing the wrong module. I was using the .msi file : anyconnect-nam-win-4.3.05017-k9.msi.

I just had to install the Core VPN module before the  NAM module.

Thanks for the help!