Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Installation Failure

drummonds
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company just upgraded our VPN software to use Cisco AnyConnect 3.0.1047.  We were previously using 2.5.0217.  I successfully upgraded the VPN client on my iMac.  I am trying to do the same on my MacBook Pro but the process is failing.  Both Macs are using OSX 10.6.7.  Both use Chrome but I have reproduced the error using Safari and Firefox on the failing system.

On the failing MacBook, the IP address my IT department gave me produced this error:

Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 7.51.26 PM.png

After the 26 second timeout completed, I was brought to this screen:

Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 7.51.39 PM.png

I clicked the "Mac..." link above and a file called "cstub" was downloaded.  I could not execute the file directly as its permissions started at 644.  I changed its permissions through the terminal to 755.  I tried executing the binary but it failed returning error code 250.

I tried uninstalling AnyConnect 2.5.0217 to see if that improved things.  No change.

Can anyone tell me where I have going wrong?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

The screenshots that you provided are showing a failure during the installation/execution of Cisco Secure Desktop.  Do you know what version of CSD is currently installed on your ASA?

Todd

I do not know what an ASA is.  I am just an end user of this product.  Presumably the ASA is the server that I am connecting to to download this new client?  If you give me any questions to ask I will try and find the owners of the VPN site and get answers.  I am happy to run down as much detail as would be helpful.

Thank you for the help!

Hi, Todd,

I thought I would revisit this issue again.  Can you help me understand what questions I should be asking to get to the bottom of this?

Thanks for your time,

Scott