cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect installation

heddenghs
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to install an upgraded version of AnyConnect.  Version 4.8 to be exact.  One of the primary reasons for the upgrade is so I can utilize dynamic access policies.

I tested with the predeploy.pkg of the application.  Once the install completes and I reboot my computer, the login window does not come up.  I have to go into safe mode and uninstall the AnyConnect application.

I've tested this several times and always get the same result.  I have found that, if I only install the core-vpn.webdeploy.pkg, I have no issues.  I have identified the issue is with a coexistence of AnyConnect and an application called Imprivata.  Unfortunately, Imprivata is here to stay.

So, now for the question...

When I log into my vpn and I get prompted to load an updated version of AnyConnect Mobility client, what options or files will download?  Am I safe in thinking just the core-vpn.pkg file will install? 

Unfortunately, I have a live environment and cannot test this theory without fear that I may be impacting the doctors and nurses in their job.

Any thoughts and info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

girafskind
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tom

When You upload a new AnyConnect PKG file on the ASA, selects the image. It will only upgrade the the modules already installed. So if You've only got the Core module installed, only that one will be upgraded. NAM, Umbrella etc, will not be installed, if it's not already on the client.

Regards Bo

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

girafskind
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tom

When You upload a new AnyConnect PKG file on the ASA, selects the image. It will only upgrade the the modules already installed. So if You've only got the Core module installed, only that one will be upgraded. NAM, Umbrella etc, will not be installed, if it's not already on the client.

Regards Bo