Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Licensing for Cisco RV110W

mmihai.toma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond - I have tried for the past hour and to lookup more information about the AnyConnect client for an entry level firewall - CiscoRV110W, but I am still confused.

To put things simple, my questions are:

If I purchase this entry-level Firewall that supports 5+5 VPN Connections, can the users download the AnyConnect client and connect to the VPN free of charge (once it's set up), or do I need to pay extra for licensing AnyConnect? How much would that cost?

My experience with AnyConnect has so far been limited to end-user, using it to connect to the workplace network through VPN, but now I am taking into consideration setting up something similar for a small office with a few remote workers.

Device Link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/rv110w-wireless-n-vpn-firewall/data_sheet_c78-660141.html

I have already read the FAQ for AnyConnect, but it is still not clear.

Thank you for your time!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi mmihai.toma

As far as I know, Anyconnect is not supported on  RV devices.  If you want to use Anyconnect you need to have an ASA Firewall or IOS, IO-XE router. 

According to the documentation looks like the only VPN options for the RV device are: Quick VPN, Site-to-Site and PPTP. 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi mmihai.toma

As far as I know, Anyconnect is not supported on  RV devices.  If you want to use Anyconnect you need to have an ASA Firewall or IOS, IO-XE router. 

According to the documentation looks like the only VPN options for the RV device are: Quick VPN, Site-to-Site and PPTP. 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

Hi Randy,

That seems to be correct:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/quick_vpn.html

The latest release of QuickVPN is from 09-AUG-2011 - v 1.4.2.1 and can be downloaded using the above link, after selecting the router.

Also found a youtube video posted by Cisco with tips for installing.

Thank you very much!