cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Licensing

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

How does one go about transferring anycoonect licenses from a Production ASA to a Replacement ASA. Is this even doable or does Cisco honor the license purchased for the Production ASA and generate a new llicense to enable the anyconnect essentials?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the new ASA is obtained as an RMA for an old faulty ASA, this can be migrated from old to the new ASA (Same hardware type etc). If this is a new replacement, you would have to purchase new licenses for the ASA.

The Anyconnect package is a requirement on the ASA as the admin can control what minimum version of the Anyconnect client that must be used. Further, the Anyconnect client contains files that are required for customization and profile creation- which requires it to be on the ASA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Here is screenshot of licensing. 

I think my lisensing is good and I have anyconnect client installed on my laptop but forwhatever reason I am receiving the below error

"the anyconnect package on the secure gateway could not be located"

Why would I need a package on the secure gateway if I already have the client installed on mt laptop???

If the new ASA is obtained as an RMA for an old faulty ASA, this can be migrated from old to the new ASA (Same hardware type etc). If this is a new replacement, you would have to purchase new licenses for the ASA.

The Anyconnect package is a requirement on the ASA as the admin can control what minimum version of the Anyconnect client that must be used. Further, the Anyconnect client contains files that are required for customization and profile creation- which requires it to be on the ASA.