cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect NAM and Captive Portal

AdenGunston1
Level 1
Level 1

We operate a Windows 10 environment with AnyConnect NAM v4.7.0456. We dont use Anyconnect for VPN - solely as a mechanism for ensuring that only one adapter is open on the network at any point in time. The issue we are having is when users attempt to access guest networks via captive portals. I appreciate that NAM does not automatically load the web page associated with the captive portal when it detects it but we are having additional problems. I changed our default hope page from an HTTPS to an HTTP page which then redirects to avoid the SSL errors we have seen in the past but users are still not being consistently redirected to the captive portal page when they open the browser. I have tried to explain to senior management that we dont have any control over the operation of 3rd party networks but they still want a fix. Generally I can get round the issue by typing http://1.1.1.1 into the browser but this is not an acceptable workaround for our business. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

This looks to be related to the following bug: CSCvo07690

No workaround provided yet other than "Disable NAM to manage NIC"

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts