Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect NAM user network deleted.

xxxionukk
Level 1
Level 1

i all

I am trying to use NAM for deploying our corporate networks.

As part of this the Cisco AnyConnect client will take over Windows Wifi.

The corporate networks work fine but we have an issue with the user networks.

The corporate profiles are being distributed by SCCM which works.

Say suppose a laptop user has defined user networks and we deploy a new profile to the laptop - the existing user networks seem to be wiped off. 

Does the software save the user network credentials anywhere - is there any way not to delete the user networks when a corporate profile is re-deployed ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Admin deployed networks in NAM are stored in the configuration.xml file which is deployed from your SCCM.  NAM user created networks are stored in the userConfiguration.xml file.  Are you asking what happens to user created networks that were created through the Windows Native supplicant?  If so open and shared key networks can be migrated to AnyConnect user networks at install time only, and only if a userConfiguration.xml file does not exist.

Search the admin guide for "PROFILE_CONVERSION" to see if this is what you are looking for.

If this is not what you are talking about it could be that the "Authentication Policy" section of your configuration.xml is limiting what user networks are allowed in NAM.  The Authentication Policy section applies to what networks the end users are allowed to create.  If you can upload you configuration.xml file I can take a look.

Thanks,

Steve S.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying.

you are right NAM user created networks are stored in the userconfiguration.xml file.

A scenario we face is the software is deployed via SCCM which includes corporate networks.
The corporate Wifi and Wired networks work perfect. :)
Now when the user takes the laptop home and adds his personal Wifi that works as well.

The question is when we redeploy the software via SCCM (including the configuration.xml file which has the corporate networks) - this wipes the user added SSID's in the userconfiguration.xml.
Or perhaps deletes the userconfiguration.xml

So if the user takes his laptop home he will need to re-add his personal Wifi !

Is there any way to stop this as this will cause problems for us ?

Regards

NAM does not do this by design.  I suspect something in your SCCM scripts is deleting the userConfiguration.xml file. Do you have someone that can look at the SCCM scripts to check?  Since the user is allowed to create the networks again then your configuration.xml file is not the limiting the network types that are allowed.  

To test this you can manually deploy the new configuration.xml file to C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\newConfigFiles\ directory then perform a network reapir and verify that the user created networks still exist.  If they do still exist then I think your SCCM script is at fault.

Thanks,

Steve S.