Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect on Latitude 5440 + Win 11 dropping packets

Tom K 77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am testing out Windows 11 on a new Dell Latitude 5440. When not on the VPN the network works fine but after connecting to the company VPN I start to drop packets. A  continuous "ping <IP Address> -t" will show about every 5th ping timing out. Web pages barely load and file transfers are extremely slow. I put a Win 10 machine on the same network and all tests pass without any issue. I tried to capture packets using Microsoft Network Monitor but the failed packets aren't even making it that far. It's almost like the driver is locking up. If I connect via WiFi, Ethernet, or Dock + Ethernet I get the same result. I looked at the DART extract and couldn't see anything that jumped out. I just reimaged today and the problem still occurs. I've also tried resetting IP / Winsock and updating all drivers. Does anyone else have this issue with Win 11? Any places I should look? Thanks!

Anyconnect Versions Tested

2 Replies 2

I'm sorry, but it seems we are unable to find an immediate solution to the problem you're experiencing with Anyconnect VPN dropping packets on your Dell Latitude 5440 running Windows 11. This may be due to a compatibility issue between the specific laptop model, the OS version, and the VPN client. It's always worthwhile keeping your system and applications up to date to ensure you have the latest bug fixes and security patches. Also, consider contacting Cisco support directly or post your question on the Cisco community, there might be others experiencing the same issue and you may find the solution faster. Please ensure to provide all the details of the issue including any steps you've tried to resolve the issue.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

Tom K 77
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to fix this by joining the Windows Insider program and updating Windows 11 to the July cumulative update preview release. There was a bug introduced in a previous update which causes performance problems on some routers (such as Eero) and the Cisco VPN.