cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Phone Audio Quality

Matthew
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of troubleshooting audio quality issues remote users are seeing on occasion during calls. At this time we are not using any kind of QOS but I have found that DSCP flags are dropped during DTLS encapsulation and bandwidth queuing is not supported on dual core model ASA's. What would be the best practice to make sure voice quality is consistent to and from an Anyconnect phone? I'll also note bandwidth is not being saturated during the time issues are experienced and never is utilized more than %25 -%40. 

2 Replies 2

Vishnu Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

Do you get the same issue for data traffic as well? Could you please share the logs as well. 

For consistency, i would suggest QoS however there are some tweaks that can be done on the ASA to improve its throughput. Please refer to the document and let me know if this helps. 

Link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/113393-asa-troubleshoot-throughput-00.html

Thanks,

Vishnu

Data traffic seems fine. I will check out the link provided to see if that can help me narrow down the issue. It does seem my option for QOS are limited, maybe I could simply prioritize outbound traffic for the voice VLAN.