cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Premium Peers License

yuchen.liu1025
Level 1
Level 1

Recently replaced a Cisco ASA 5525 for remote users, but there is only 2 anyconnect premium peers as the attached figure shown (show activation-key detail). So how can i upgrade from 2 to its max capacity 750 peers and which exact license should i buy?  Please advice, thanks!

sh activation-keysh activation-key

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AnyConnect Premium is now known as AnyConnect Apex. It is available as a term license for 1-, 3- or 5-year terms. For a 1-year tem, the SKUs would be:

L-AC-APX-LIC=

L-AC-APX-1Y-S4

You buy quantity 750 of the first item and it has the associated licenses as the second item. For longer terms just substitute "1Y" with "3Y" or "5Y".

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AnyConnect Premium is now known as AnyConnect Apex. It is available as a term license for 1-, 3- or 5-year terms. For a 1-year tem, the SKUs would be:

L-AC-APX-LIC=

L-AC-APX-1Y-S4

You buy quantity 750 of the first item and it has the associated licenses as the second item. For longer terms just substitute "1Y" with "3Y" or "5Y".

Thank you for your reply Marvin. I just looked at the AnyConnect Apex license on CDW.com. it seems like the license costs about 10 bucks for each user. So I need to buy the quantity of 750 to meet its max capacity of peers, is that correct?

Thanks,

Yuchen

List price varies according to how many licenses you buy in a given order. Cisco arranges the pricing in "tiers".

For 750 licenses the list pricing for that tier is US$6.40 per user.

If you want 750 unique users then, yes, you need 750 licenses.

gotcha thanks a lot.

Hi Marvin

Can you please define "unique users" for me?
If we handle the user in separated authentication group will that be seen as Unique User?
I guess that AnyConnect software can be installed on as many PC we like to, but the Unique User can be managed by Authentication policy (We will be using Cisco ISE)

Thanks

A unique user is an individual person. No matter how many devices and policies they may be using at one time they only count as one user for licensing purposes.

Cisco doesnt try to sort them out and instead relies on you to be honest in buying enough licenses to cover the anticipated use.

Great. Then we are aligned.
One more thing. Apex License. We are will use Apex License on ISE to do the host scan. I guess that means we don't need to have Apex license for AnyConnect. or?
Thanks John.

If you are using the Anyconnect ISE posture module on the clients for posture compliance scanning then you need AnyConnect Apex in addition to ISE Apex licenses.

If you're using the ISE temporal agent for posture compliance scanning then an AnyConnect license is not required

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: