Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect profile is saving incorrectly

sgray128
Level 1
Level 1

All:

I use AnyConnect daily for multiple clients. One of my clients has a URL in the form of 

anyconnect.clientname.us:8443

I'm able to type that in and connect, but immediately on successful connection a profile is created in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile that has a different URL, it looks like this:

<ServerList>
<HostEntry>
<HostName>anyconnect.clientname.us</HostName>
<HostAddress>255.255.255.255</HostAddress>
</HostEntry>
</ServerList>

Note that the port is missing, and the host address is an IP. If I edit this to be correct it shows up in AnyConnect and connects correctly but I have to reset it every time. 

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

When you upload the profile to the firewall, how it looks like? do you see it with the right content?

Aref:
Thanks for the response. I'm not at that level, 'upload the profile to the firewall' does not make sense to me. I'm a consultant, just a user.
My issue is that when I connect, a profile is written locally that is not correct, I have to keep correcting it or type it manually. Specifically, I need the port to save.

I see. I think the profile is uploaded to the firewall with the wrong values you shared, I think you just need to ask the firewall team to correct the profile and then upload it to the firewall. Only then this issue can be fixed, otherwise every time you connect to the VPN your AnyConnect client will download the profile from the firewall, so you will end up in having the wrong profile overriding the one you created manually.