Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Removing Proxy Details from Registry on disconnect

LPMAuto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

As the title suggests, I have an odd occurrence with my current customer and one of their applications, Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client.

Their proxy configuration is managed by a UEM product which lays down the necessary registry keys for functionality. On connection to VPN when working off the network, all is fine and browsing etc occurs. On disconnect from VPN and then subsequent re-connect we do not have the correct setup for proxy.

After some digging and procmon, it turns out the 'vpnagent.exe' was deleting the registry keys for the proxy and the port, leaving the machine in a hybrid on state meaning that until the UEM agent refreshed there was no proxy. 

Has anyone come across this before where this behavior occurs, perhaps a config setting that explains the behavior?

I have worked on projects with this application before and don't remember such an occurrence.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

This might be because anyconnect has proxy settings as well which seems
overriding your agent settings.

>From AnyConnect client profile editor try to create a profile to allow
local proxy connections under preference part 2. Then from program data
make sure that users get the profile and test. I think the path is program
data, cisco , anyconnect

Thank-you for the reply.

I have tried the profile locally on the endpoint with both the 'Proxy Setting' and the 'allow Local Proxy Connections' amended but it does not seem to stop AnyConnect deleting the keys.

Is this controlled anywhere other than ProgramData?

Thanks