Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect SBL Shows Old Hostname/Won't Update

VaughnSch
Level 1
Level 1

anyconnect-win-4.9.01095-core-vpn-predeploy-k9

anyconnect-win-4.9.01095-gina-predeploy-k9

We are currently migrated from an old hostname to a new hostname for VPN. We have updated our profile .xml in %PROGRAMDATA%\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile. When logged into a windows account AnyConnect shows the correct, updated hostname. If logged out (SBL), it shows the old hostname. I cannot figure out where it is storing this old data. I have tried the following...

1. Uninstall AnyConnect + GINA (SBL), Deleted %PROGRAMDATA%\Cisco, Deleted %LOCALAPPDATA%\Cisco (& Reinstalled Everything)

2. Searched Windows Registry, WMI, & C:\ With Agent Ransack (Searches within clear text file formats) for the hostname string eg. vpn.hostname.com.

3. Typing in the new hostname into the SBL prompt, logging in, logging out, restarting.

Everything I've tried and the old hostname keeps appearing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

@VaughnSch 

Have you checked the preferences_global.xml file?

Rob,

Yes, that has the new hostname.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you updated the profile on the ASA? When your PC connects to the ASA headend it will automatically update with whatever profile is stored there. (It checks the hash of the file so even if the local file name is exactly the same, changing any parameter or even one character will force a resync with the file from the ASA.)

Marvin,

You'll have to bare with me. I don't believe we push any profiles with our ASA. We have been pushing out our xml profile with (Microsoft) GroupPolicy.