cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - Connection Attempt Failed

chad15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi... I just received a new HP Envy running Windows 11 Pro.  I've downloaded and installed The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client verion 3.105182.  My work isn't compatible with a newer version. In the past, I would just download the software and install and connect without any issues.  But now I'm able to install it but it never connects to the address I enter. Once I hit enter a pop up says "Connection Attempt Failed. Please try again."  I've already unchecked the box for "Block connections to untrusted servers".  In the past, once I hit enter, I would get a screen saying the site wasn't secure or the certificate had expired.  Something along those lines. I would just hit yes to continue and then I could enter my username and password to connect to my company.  I know this version works on Windows 11 Pro as one of our IT people has already tested it and it works on his.  When I try it almost like it never attempts to connect to the address. Almost like it is stopped before even trying to get out to the address.  I've went in and allowed the application through the firewall just in case.  Anyone else have this issue with a new HP Envy running Windows 11 Pro?  If not, any help would be appreciated to get this working.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Officially Windows 11 is not (yet) supported :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5457-cisco-anyconnect-secure-mobility-client-supported-operating.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for letting me know. I’ll have to double check to see exactly what version of Windows someone in my IT department is using. He said he tested it on Windows 11 and it works. But not sure how he tested it. Hopefully, they will support it. I’ve even tried running it in comparability mode and it still won’t work. Hopefully, they get it going soon.