cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Secure Mobility client license

Samer Ghishan
Level 1
Level 1

I need to activate AnyConnect SecureMobility client on an IPAD. I have an ASA with the below feature licenses:

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited

Maximum VLANs               : 150      

Inside Hosts                 : Unlimited

Failover                    : Active/Active

VPN-DES                     : Enabled  

VPN-3DES-AES                : Enabled  

Security Contexts            : 2        

GTP/GPRS                    : Disabled 

VPN Peers                   : 750      

WebVPN Peers                : 50       

AnyConnect for Mobile       : Disabled 

AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled 

Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled 

UC Proxy Sessions           : 2        

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license

As I've understood that I need the ASA-AC-M-5520 license for each IPAD used but they mentioned that we need also the Essential or premium license to be activated on the ASA as well. As shown above, I have the "VPN Plus license" activated on the firewall. What should I order; if needed; to activate the SecureMobility client without loosing the number of VPN and WebVPN peers activated already on this ASA?

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you already have the WebVPN license, so all you need to purchase is the AnyConnect for Mobile license .

BTW, what is the version of ASA OS you are running? Because the output of the license feature, in particular "WebVPN Peers" seem to prompt me that it's an older version of ASA.

For AnyConnect, you will need to have at least ASA version 8.0.4 or later (and I would suggest 8.0.5 if you are planning to upgrade it to 8.0.x train).

Here is the release notes for AnyConnect 2.4 that supports Apple iOS 4.2:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect24/release/notes/rn-ac2.4-apl4.2.html

It has the licensing information as well. But if I am correct with my assumption that you are running an older version of ASA, then you don't need to purchase either AnyConnect Essential or AnyConnect Premium license anymore as you already have those license (it's just that you might be running an older version of ASA hence it's showing up as "WebVPN Peers".

Hope that helps.