cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect sending browser traffic through LAN instead of VPN

taimen
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use Cisco AnyConnect to connect to my universities internet to access a website called SciFinder. When I am connected to the VPN google chrome still reads my IP address as my home IP address rather than the universities one and the one provided by AnyConnect. When attempting to access SciFinder it says I am not authorized to access from this IP address and it provides my home IP address. I have noticed the VPN is using split tunneling and thus all browser traffic is being directed through the LAN instead of the VPN.

I have tried

Using incognito mode and different browsers

Using a different computer on both the LAN and a personal hotspot

Turning off 'Allow Local (LAN) Access when using VPN (if configured)' in AnyConnect Preferences tab

I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to networking so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

1 Reply 1

Was there any drop down menu on AnyConnect to selec the connection profile before you connected? if so, did you select the right one? If you are supposed to get a full tunnel across the VPN, then I would suggest you raise this with the IT staff at Uni since they would need to make sure the profile you get, or the tunnel group you connect to is configured properly.