cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect (SVC) on 2801 router - the right image?

brunstadnett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I'm deploying SSL VPN on my Cisco 2801 router using the AnyConnect client. Before any configuration I upgraded the IOS image to the newest Version 12.4(25e) using the c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25e.bin image.

When logging in to the router with SDM (2.5) and navigating to Configure > VPN > SSL VPN I gets an error message saying "SSL VPN unavailable", "The IOS image in your router does not support the requested feature. In table 6. in the following document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6657/product_data_sheet0900aecd80405e25_ps5854_Products_Data_Sheet.htm it's written that I need the "Advanced Security or higher" image. I've tried the advipservicesk, advsecurity and the adventerprise images, but the same error message appeared.

It should be said, that I have a "Product (FRU) Number: AIM-VPN/EPII-PLUS" module installed.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

You will need to be running a 12.4T or 15.x image in order to support AnyConnect.  This feature is not available in the 12.4 mainline release.

Todd

Thanks a lot Todd! This did the trick!