cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect, Umbrella, And Local DNS Settings

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

Customer having issues with AnyConnect and Umbrella. There were getting an endless loop of connected - reconnecting. There solution was to change the DNS on their home network. Can anybody comment on this? How is this the fix?

Having Umbrella disabled temporarily made the problem go away, but of course it was reenabled through whatever system does that sort of thing. However I think I have found a permanent resolution on my home network.

The primary DNS setting on my home network pointed to 8.8.8.8, if I revert that setting and use the router 192.168.1.1 (and I guess therefore my ISP) for DNS then the reconnect issue seems to go away.

The setting of 8.8.8.8 been the case on my network at home for more than a year and I have had no VPN issues, so something upstream somewhere in the system has changed to not like this setting (at least in my environment).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I  am not sure if this is considered a work-around or the solution.

The solution is to disable the IP Layer Filtering in Umbrella on a per PC basis.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I was still hoping somebody could comment on this issue.

I am working with my Cisco team to get an answer on this.  If they cannot get an answer, I will submit this to TAC.  I think it would definitely be helpful to other people out there running into the same issue to get an answer on this.

Thanks,

Alex

I  am not sure if this is considered a work-around or the solution.

The solution is to disable the IP Layer Filtering in Umbrella on a per PC basis.