Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect uses 3-4minutes to open the connect dialog

KnutHunstad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a rather new laptop. I had AnyConnect installed and working again my companies VPN. It took just seconds to get the connect dialog and after entering password just seconds to open the connection.

Then I got a very strange PC hang. Suddenly nothing worked, not mouse, keyboard or anything. I had to hold on/off for some seconds for a hard restart. And after going through some Windows startup error searching routines taking forever, I finally could get into Windows (Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000) again.

But now it seemed to have forgotten everything I had done since it was new! I had to login all from scratch again in gmail, all chrome history was forgotten, all cookies likewise, it was almost like a totally new pc, except all software was still installed.

But then I tried to connect with AnyConnect, and it suddenly takes 3-4minutes to open the dialog for entering password! And when I do, the dialog just blinks and nothing happens. I have tested on my old laptop that the password is correct.

Any suggestions here?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Then I got a very strange PC hang. Suddenly nothing worked, not mouse, keyboard or anything

This may not be related to AnyConnect at all, system corruption or other 'major event' may have happened , if so re-install the PC (completely)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I appreciate the suggestion, I do. But it seems AnyConnect is the only thing not being OK now. Not tempting to use 4-5 days re-installing the PC just to fix this one problem, if it is not really necessary.

So I was hoping someone has a more AnyConnect specific suggestion. I will of course soon try to reinstall AnyConnect if I don't find any other solution. But I believe that it should be possible to find out _what_ AnyConnect is struggling with here?

- You may want to examine Window's eventvwr , look into the System  , Networking and Application categories , do this just after Anyconnect has been started. Check if anything comes up related to the current Anyconnect issues which are being experienced. You may also troubleshoot Anyconnect with https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-collect-the-dart-bundle-for-anyconnect/ta-p/3156025 , which may require more insights to be able to analyze.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

can you check the DNS if you use the FQDN of ASA