Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN licensing (2 users) ASA5506

Eponymous One
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a single ASA5506W-E-K9 and want AnyConnect for only two users - this isn't a heavily used device.

Does the base license support this without any further licensing needed?

If so, how do I then download AnyConnect software and updates?

Would I still need a SmartNet contract (CON-SNT-5506E) or can I use a Small Business Contract only (CON-SMB-5506E) in order to download the AnyConnect software and future updates?

Would the Small Business Contract also allow me to download OS *and* ASDM updates or would I need SmartNet?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you really only need AnyConnect for two users then I believe that the default licenses that come with the ASA should be sufficient for what you need without requiring purchase of further AnyConnect licenses.

It is an interesting question about whether you need licensing to download AnyConnect. I would hope that if your ASA is covered by a valid maintenance agreement that you would be able to download AnyConnect. On the other hand my recent experience with Cisco is that they can be very particular and specific about entitlement to down load software. I would suggest that you try to download the AnyConnect software. If it does not work you could then try to work with TAC about getting the software or you could purchase a license at that point if it turns out to be required.

I do not know enough about the Small Business Contract to know whether it would be sufficient to allow download of OS and ASDM software. Perhaps someone else in the forum can address this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick