Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN Pool Recommended size

Martin Swann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, 

I have recently installed a 2140 FPR Device running ASA Code to increase our VPN Client base.

In setting up the DHCP Clients pools leases I have been allocated a /20, 4096 Devices to use from our allocation dept.

I have looked all over and cannot see a recommended pool size for the clients using 'Anyconnect Profiles' and wondered what the /20 allocated to me should be split into for optimal use as a client pool and make the client expercience as nice as possible.

We use the local IP Address Assignment option on the ASA.

Making maybe 8 /23 Pools, rather than 1x /20. Or would this not be an issues for Anyconnect Clients?

Many thanks

martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can make the DHCP Pool for the VPN clients as large as you like, as there is no issue with having a larger a broadcast domain for VPN clients, that only applies on a LAN.

So it's up to you really, you could just create 1 x DHCP scope for the /20, however you might wish to have a couple of smaller scopes for special use cases such as contractors.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

You can make the DHCP Pool for the VPN clients as large as you like, as there is no issue with having a larger a broadcast domain for VPN clients, that only applies on a LAN.

So it's up to you really, you could just create 1 x DHCP scope for the /20, however you might wish to have a couple of smaller scopes for special use cases such as contractors.

HTH

Thanks so much for responding , and confirming.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: