cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Question

hurricane05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm fairly new to working with the Cisco AnyConnect for vpn access and wanted to know about uploading the latest version of the AnyConnect software via ASDM under Configuration \ Remote Access VPN \ Network (Client) Access \ AnyConnect Client Software area. Right now we only have one file listed there which is an older version. If I upload / replace that file with a new version, will that automatically force any existing AnyConnect workstations that connect to the VPN to be automatically upgraded to that version or does it only make it available via the HTTPS web interface for downloading manually?

Thx in advance for any advice given.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hurricane05 

If you upload a newer version to the ASA, then normally if a computer has an older version the client will automatically be upgraded next time they connect to the VPN. The exception to this is if you configure the anyconnect profile on the local computer to bypass the downloader, the client will then not upgrade. An automatic upgrade does not require administrator rights.

Depending on the size of your organisation you might want to push out the anyconnect client upgrade in a controlled manner using your management applications, such as SCCM.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @hurricane05 

If you upload a newer version to the ASA, then normally if a computer has an older version the client will automatically be upgraded next time they connect to the VPN. The exception to this is if you configure the anyconnect profile on the local computer to bypass the downloader, the client will then not upgrade. An automatic upgrade does not require administrator rights.

Depending on the size of your organisation you might want to push out the anyconnect client upgrade in a controlled manner using your management applications, such as SCCM.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes it will automatically upgraded. but i would suggest to test manually with 1 device with latest version intent to upgrade. before you upload. Once upgrade you encounter any issue its bit difficulties to downgrade, (keeping in Covid 19 in place most of the user working remote may break your setup)

other Option, once it is tested all working expected manually install 1 or 2 users, then if you SCCM environment distribute and also update in ASA too.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hurricane05
Level 1
Level 1

Thx Balaji and Rob for the quick response. I have been slowly deploying out using our SCCM tool. So it seems I wait till all the clients have been upgraded via SCCM and then make the final change on ASA with the updated version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: