Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect + Windows 8 ?

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to test AnyConnect on Windows 8

I got an error when "checking profiles updates".

When I put a xml profile file on C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile , I got an error "Failed to load preferences"

Has someone succeeded in connecting AnyConnect on Windows 8?

Is there an incompatibility? (and no workaround?)

Thanks,

Patrick

39 Replies 39

tjansheplers
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, for all who still gets the issue after modifying their register, updating to Anyconnect 3.x and/or installing the certificate in specific places, this might help.  I was able to get it running but it took some time to do it.

1) Uninstall Cisco AnyConnect

2) Open up the registry and search for anything that says "Cisco" and delete it. Note: There's A LOT of them.

3) Reboot

4) Install the updated Cisco AnyConnect (I had v3.1.02040)

5) Try to connect to Cisco AnyConnect.

6) It might give you an error that says it is Untrusted.  Go to the Settings in the AnyConnect and uncheck "Block connections to untrusted servers".

7) Try to connect again and you should be able to get in.

jwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any chance of a Windows RT client in the future?

This is not possible with the exising RT OS.  If the OS were to change in the future, we would look in to providing this functionality.

Alright you want a fix?  Here it is:

Your NIC drivers are what is wrong... Mine were too... Elitebook 8570p and 8460p...  Got an Intel 82579 nic?  Most of us do... Install this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21642〈=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208*&DownloadType=

And you will be golden... Solved all my issues.

Brian Hebertson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have a very simlar issue. Windows 8 Anyconnect verison 3.0.07059. I get this error.

"Failed to download AnyConnect VPN Profile because AnyConnect cannot confirm it is connected to your secure gateway. The local network may not be trustworthy. A VPN connection cannot be established."

The gateway is accessieble I can log into it and download the client again for reinstall.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

raulbolaos
Level 1
Level 1

Hola necesito de su ayuda

tenia instalado como sistema operativo  windows7, y tenia instalado cisco annyconect client

una vpn del cliente y me trabajada normalmente, pero instale windows 8 y a lo que trato de conectarme

me sale el siguiente error         unable to establish vpn

he buscado por mas de un mes la solucion a este problema y no lo puedo solucionar he desisntalado la vpn

he cambiado la clave de registro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva]

DisplayName"="Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64

y no consigo conectarme siempre me sale ese mensaje unable to establish vpn y desinstalandola me salio

primero otro mensaje que tocaba instalar los drivers algo asi y despues me salio otra vez el mismo mensaje

unable to establish vpn.

necesito de su ayuda ya que no se a quien mas recurrir.

raulbolaos
Level 1
Level 1

Alguien quien me colabore por favor

en realidad es de caracter urgente...

enia instalado como sistema operativo  windows7, y tenia instalado cisco annyconect client

una vpn del cliente y me trabajada normalmente, pero instale windows 8 y a lo que trato de conectarme

me sale el siguiente error         unable to establish vpn

he buscado por mas de un mes la solucion a este problema y no lo puedo solucionar he desisntalado la vpn

he cambiado la clave de registro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva]

DisplayName"="Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64

y no consigo conectarme siempre me sale ese mensaje unable to establish vpn y desinstalandola me salio

primero otro mensaje que tocaba instalar los drivers algo asi y despues me salio otra vez el mismo mensaje

unable to establish vpn.

You will want to upgrade to AnyConnect 3.1MR5. The version you are attempting to utiize is not supported on Windows 8 / 8.1.

mdrndayhswf
Level 1
Level 1
I know this is an ancient thread but I just had the same problem and fixed it in a rather odd but easy way. When anyconnect failed I tried to set up the vpn in the network and sharing center. After a long wait to connect it failed. However when I tried it in anyconnect again it worked. I literally did these two thing less than a minute apart without making any other changes. I'm thinking something may be turned off by default in Windows 8 and trying to setup the connection via the Network and Sharing Center turned it on.

there is a problem with the windows installer pacakge a program run as part of the setup  contact suppoer vendor anyconnect version anyconnect-win-4.4.02034