Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect

alialhassani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone ! 

I use to connect remoetly via VPN using Cisco VPN Client , using the group authentication with pre-shared key ( username and password) 

Now, I want to use AnyConnect application on mobile, however I couldn't manage to establish a connection because it seems that I need to

have a certificate. 

Is it possible to connect using AnyConnect and get prompt to supply username and password (without certificate) the same way that is possible in Cisco VPN Client ?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco VPN client is for connecting to an IPsec-based remote access VPN.

AnyConnect client (whether on mobile device or PC) is for connecting an SSL remote access VPN. Depending on your current licensing, you may also need additional licenses on the ASA (AnyConnect Essentials and AnyConnect for Mobile (old style) or AnyConnect Plus (new style)).

The SSL VPN type requires a certificate on the ASA or router headend.

You can use a self-signed certificate; but it needs to be created, bound to the outside interface and the group policy needs to have SSL enabled.

No certificate is required on the client - it only needs to trust the ASA's certificate. (That's why we recommend certificates issued from a public root CA.)