Views
Helpful
Replies

As5300 Questions

ekeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I’m new to the As5300 equipment and would like to figure out how to do these things.

How do verify the availability of pool IP addresses for a client?

How do you determine what modem the users was last connected to? ( I have a user that he says he keeps getting dropped and I’m trying to troubleshoot his connections.)

And last one, Is there a limit as to how many people can dial in using a T1 line? I have 3 As5300 with each one having (4) T1 connections. I don’t think we need this many and would like to get rid of some of the T1’s but I not for sure how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I have left out any pertinent info. If there are any websites or documentation that I could be pointed to I would be grateful.

1 Reply 1

G Money
Level 1
Level 1

-If you have an IP address pool defined on the router you can reference that against the number of users that are dialed in. With the pool below I can have 251 users dial in and get an IP address.

ip local pool IPPOOL 10.1.1.3 10.1.1.254

-To get the modem number, first find out the tty line number with a show users command, then correlate the tty number with the modem number with a show modem. For example, tty 1 would be modem 1/0, tty 2 => 1/1 and so on.

-Each T1 can support 24 dial-in calls so 3*96 would give you 288.