Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5508 RemoteAccess VPN

Greetings,

It is my first time asking a question here, so please, if there's anything not clear, just say it and I will try to provide the required information.
So here's the deal, we have Cisco-based network with Cisco Router 2901, Cisco ASA 5508, L3Switch 2960-X and two other 2960-X switches , both L2. The router and ASA are, if it could be said so, "on the same line", in other words, you can connect to both through the internet, the router isn't behind the ASA, only the switches are behind it. We have Remote Access (for home office) on the Router, the task is : Remove the VPN service on the router and put it on the ASA. The ASA has to forward all VPN traffic to a given server. Any idea how that should be done?

There are 3 options on the ASDM for the ASA that say they "would guide me step by step through the configuration of three types of Remote Access VPN".

I am open for any ideas :) 

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you wanting to do a site to site VPN from home (aka, you have a Cisco device at home that can do a VPN), or do you want to do a "user to site VPN" from a notebook/PC?

Hey there, 

It is "user to site VPN".

The newer VPN technology is AnyConnect using SSL.

The older type is using the Cisco IPSec VPN client, which is not "very" compatible with Windows 10.