cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5512 version 9.1.2 with AnyConnect 4.9 Diffie Hellman Group issue

Diky Heryadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an issue on my ASA 5512 version 9.1.2 at IPSec VPN with IKEV2.

In the begining, we just use DH Group 1, 2, and 5 on IKEV2 Policy and it works well with AnyConnect Mobile both for Android and iPhone. See the picture below:

Capture.JPG

Since AnyConnect Mobile 4.9 for iPhone has released, it forces us to upgrade the AnyConnect. Then iPhone cannot connect to the VPN anymore with this error notification:

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 10.24.25 AM.jpeg

It's impacted to our environment and we have to add DH Group 19 in IKEV2 Policy configuration. When I added DH Group 19, both Android and iPhone cannot connect to the VPN.

Capture2.JPG

When I deleted the DH Group 19, just Android can connect to the VPN. I have tried with another DH Group like 20 and 21 but still doesn't work. Please help me.

Thanks,

Diky

2 Replies 2

I have no answer to your problem as I never used the Android AnyConnect. But ASA version 9.1x is EOL for a very long time and you really should update to a recent version. Starting with 9.3 there is also TLS 1.2 with much better security supported.

But it works well on ASA 5525 with the same version 9.1.2. Android and iPhone can connect VPN with DH 1, 2, 5, 19 configured. What do you think?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: