Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA AAA

Hi,

I want to consolidate all AAA functionallity we have today in various radius servers to an ISE installation.

I'm now wondering how to differentiate a administrative device login (SSH/ASDM) from an VPN user login if the radius requests goes to the same server.

As far as I can see there is nothing in the ASA Radius-Request-Attributes that differs for thoose use cases. Any advice?

Best regards

/Mattias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mattias,

as of ASA 8.4.3 the Radius Access-Request contains 2 new attributes, Tunnel Group Name and Client Type, when a VPN user connects. Not sure if a request for admin access will contain Client Type = 0 or if it does not include this attribute.

But you probably don't even need those, as you can just push the IETF service-type attribute, cfr:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/access_aaa.html#wp1136429

hth

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mattias,

as of ASA 8.4.3 the Radius Access-Request contains 2 new attributes, Tunnel Group Name and Client Type, when a VPN user connects. Not sure if a request for admin access will contain Client Type = 0 or if it does not include this attribute.

But you probably don't even need those, as you can just push the IETF service-type attribute, cfr:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/access_aaa.html#wp1136429

hth

Herbert

Thank you Herbert,

That was exatcly the answer I was hoping for.

Now comes the question how to set that up in ISE, but that is a totaly diffrent story and thread.

Best regards,

/Mattias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: