Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ASA Anyconnect VPN using Certificate

I want to configure an Anyconnect vpn using digital certificate on a ASA.

I'm able to access the network when using a local database but when I use digital certificate I got certification error without prompting to enter the pin code.

I have already configured my ASA with VPN client using digital certificate as authentication.

What can I do to configure SSL VPN over the same digital certificate?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: ASA Anyconnect VPN using Certificate

I think it is possible to use same digital certificate. You can specify whether you want users to authenticate using AAA with a username and password or using a digital certificate (or both). When you configure certificate-only authentication, users can connect with digital certificate and are not required to provide a user ID and password.

Highlighted
Beginner

I have resolved the problem,

thank you

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi chadi

What was the resolution for the problem? I'm having the same error message.

Thanks

Toni

Highlighted
Beginner

I've also resolved my problem in the meantime. It's important to know that the certificate must be a user-type cert and not a machine cert. I initially wanted to authenticate the machine instead of the user, yet this is not possible, which has been confirmed by TAC later on.

Highlighted
Beginner

hi chadi

can you give me a guide how to configure " VPN client using digital certificate as authentication." ?

i got error message ""certificate validation failure"" when authenticate against certificate , can you advise ?